This post may contain affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn commissions on qualifying purchases.
Looking for the perfect name for your baby? Look no further than Anna. This classic name has been popular for generations and is loved all over the world. But what if you want something a little different? Fear not, we've put together a whole list of names like Anna for boys, girls and more. Let's dive in!
Boy names like Anna
While Anna is traditionally used for girls, that doesn't mean she can't inspire unique and interesting boys' names. Some options are:
- Aidan - Similar in sound to Anna, this Irish name means "fiery" and has a long history of use.
- Other: This Scandinavian name means "strong" and has a distinctive style.
- Ansel - This German name means "divine protection" and has a similar origin to Anna.
These names will make your little boy stand out while retaining some of Anna's classic charm.
However, if you're looking for more unique options, consider the following:
Are you waiting for a little miracle? 🍼👶
Choose the perfect name with our curated collection of the best baby name books. Discover the meanings, origins and unique ideas that will make your baby's name truly unique!
Find the perfect name for your child Book now >>
- Anakin - This name became popular after the Star Wars series and means "warrior" or "soldier".
- Anson – This English name means "son of Ann" and has a similar sound to Anna.
- Anthony – This classic name has been used for centuries and means 'priceless'.
These names give a modern twist to the traditional name Anna and can be a good choice for parents looking for something different.
Ultimately, the name you choose for your baby should be one that you love and that fits your family. Whether you choose an Anna-inspired name or something truly unique, your little one is sure to make it her own.
Baby girl names like Ana
If you are attracted to the femininity of the name Anna but want something different, here are some options to consider:
- Annette: This French diminutive for Anna has a sweet, classic twist.
- Anya - This Russian name means "mercy" and has a similar sound to Anna, but is still unique.
- Anais: Pronounced ah-nah-EES, this French name has a literary connection to the writer Anais Nin and has a distinctive sound.
These names offer a fresh take on the traditional Anna while retaining some of its charm and elegance.
Another option to consider is the name Annika. This Swedish name is a diminutive of Anna and means "graceful" or "grace". It has a similar sound to Anna, but with a unique twist. Annika has become increasingly popular in recent years, making her a great choice for parents looking for a name that is both classic and modern.
Unisex names like Anna
If you're looking for a gender-neutral name that has a bit of Anna's charm, consider the following options:
- Arian: This Welsh name means 'silver' and has a soft, melodious sound.
- Arin: This name has roots in Hebrew and means "mountain of strength."
- Ange – This French name is short for Angelique and has a cute and happy vibe.
These names offer a versatile and unique option that can work for any little one.
Another great option for a unisex name similar to Anna is Avery. The name is of English origin and means "lord of the elves". It has become increasingly popular in recent years and has a modern and modern look.
If you're looking for a name with a more traditional twist, consider the name Alex. The name is of Greek origin and means "defender" or "helper". It has been a popular unisex name for decades and has a strong, classic sound.
Unique names like Anna
If you're really looking for something unique, consider the following options:
- Anastazja – This Polish name is a unique spelling of Anastazja and has a distinctive sound.
- Anara: This Kazakh name means "pomegranate flower" and has a soft, exotic quality.
- Anthea – This Greek name means “flower” and has a distinctive and elegant feel to it.
With these names, your baby is sure to stand out while having the same classic beauty as Anna.
If you're looking for a name with a strong meaning, consider the following options:
- Aria: This Italian name means "air" and is musical in nature.
- Axel – This Scandinavian name means “father of peace” and has a cool, edgy vibe.
- Aylin: This Turkish name means "halo of the moon" and has a dreamy, poetic quality.
These names not only sound unique, but also have a special meaning.
If you want to honor your family's heritage, consider the following options:
- Aleksandr – This Russian name is a variant of Alexander and has a strong, regal sound.
- Amita: This Sanskrit name means 'infinite' and has a peaceful, spiritual quality.
- Ayumi - This Japanese name means "walking with purpose" and has a determined and confident vibe.
Not only do these names have a unique sound, but they also connect your baby to his or her cultural roots.
Long names like Anna
If you're looking for a longer name that sounds similar to Anna, consider these options:
- Anabelle: This name has French roots and means "loving" or "merciful."
- Anastasia: This Greek name means "resurrection" and has a long history of use in literature and film.
- Anneliese - This German name is a combination of Anna and Liese and means "graceful light".
These names offer a bit more length while still retaining some of Anna's charm.
It is worth noting that while these names may be longer than Anna, they still have the same number of syllables. If you're looking for a similar-sounding name with more syllables, consider names like Arianna or Juliana.
Short names like Anna
On the other hand, if you're looking for something short and sweet, consider these options:
- Ana: An obvious choice, this name is a shortened version of Anna and has a simple and classic look.
- Ann: Even shorter than Ana, this name has a direct and reasonable quality.
- Ani – This Armenian name means ‘sweet face’ and has a cute and cheeky look.
These names offer a simplified version of Anna that is just as beautiful.
However, if you're looking for a short name that's a bit more unique, consider the following:
- Aya – This Japanese name means "colorful" and has a bright and cheerful vibe.
- Eva - A name of Hebrew origin, Eva means 'life' and has a strong and confident vibe.
These names may not be as popular as Ana, Ann or Ani, but they still make a simple and beautiful option for your little one.
Ultimately, deciding which name to choose for your baby is a personal decision. Whether you choose a longer, traditional name or a short, sweet name, it's important that it's fun for you and your family.
Anna in other languages
Of course, if the name Anna appeals to you, it's worth checking how it sounds in other languages. Some examples are:
- Anna (Spanish)
- Anna (Francis)
- Ana (hebr.)
These Anna variations may offer the twist you're looking for.
It is worth noting that the name Anna is popular in many cultures and times. In ancient Rome, Anna was the name of the goddess of fertility and agriculture. In Hindu mythology, Anna is the name of the goddess of food and nutrition.
Also, the name Anna has been used in many well-known literary works and films. In the novel by Leo Tolstoy "Anna Karenina", the main character is named Anna. In the Disney movie Frozen, one of the main characters is named Anna.
Where does the name Anna come from?
Finally, let's look at a bit of the story behind the name Anna. It has roots in the Hebrew language and means "grace" or "favor". It is a name that has been used throughout history, from the mother of the Virgin Mary to Leo Tolstoy's beloved character, Anna Karenina. It is a timeless and classic name that is sure to bring elegance and grace to any boy who wears it.
In short, if you love the name Anna but want something different, there are plenty of options to consider. From unique variations to names in other languages, you're sure to find something you like on this list.
A variation on the name Anna is Annabelle, which adds a bit of fantasy and femininity to the classic name. Another option is Anais, a French name meaning "graceful." For those who want to honor their Italian heritage, the name Annalisa combines Anna with Lisa to create a beautiful and unique name.
It is worth noting that the name Anna was popular in different cultures and time periods. In ancient Rome, Anna was the name of the goddess of fertility. In Hindu mythology, Anna is the name of the goddess of food and nutrition. This shows that the name Anna has a rich and varied history spanning different cultures and beliefs.